Monday, April 6, 2015

Pepper Seedlings

Peppers! My pepper seedlings are growing well, I was just thinning them  out when I decided I needed a photo. I leave two seedlings per cell because I like to have extra in case we have an "I forgot to water them for four days" incident and only some of the cells survive. I know, it isn't that hard to water plants but I'm notoriously bad until I can get them into the dirt outside where Mother Nature takes care of the essentials. These are the varieties I'm growing this year:

Spicy Peppers (Mostly for canning salsa):
Habanero
White Bullet
Pequin
Manzano Yellow
Naga Viper
Wimpy (Some type of cherry pepper I got from a coworker)

Spicy Peppers for Drying:
Puya
Chi Chien

More Mild Peppers (Salsa and eating):
Jalapeno Big  Guy
Jalapeno Born to be Mild
Trinidad Perfume Pepper
Anaheim
Ancho Gigantea

No Heat:
King of the North

A lot of the spicier ones I'm only planting one or two plants, but the King of the North bell peppers and jalapenos I grow a lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment