Friday, April 10, 2015

Spring Planting Time!

We are planting the spring garden tomorrow and I'm so excited. The plants you see above are the ones that are going in the ground. Everything has just come together really well for this Saturday:
  • It rained all week but it's sunny today and tomorrow so the ground should be dry enough to till.
  • The person we have till can be there first thing in the morning.
  • It's supposed to rain on Sunday so I don't have to water.
  • The seedlings are hardened off and looking great.
  • It's supposed to be highs of 60 to 70 degrees Fahrenheit and sunny - perfect gardening weather.
  • My mother is coming up so someone can keep an eye on the baby (she doesn't garden).
It's my dad and I who plant the garden, neither my husband or my mother enjoy growing the food - they just help eat it. You might be wondering why I have someone come and till my garden. I do own a small tiller, but with a garden my size it is completely worth it to me to pay someone to till the larger part. We have the same guy come every year. He has a tractor with a tiller attached and can do an excellent job is a tenth of the time it would take us with the little tiller. I use the little tiller for the terraces and other places where the tractor couldn't reach.




No comments:

Post a Comment